Boiler Indemnity Insurance


Insurance is available against Lack of Boiler/Electrical Installation Certificate. These can be needed because, where a boiler has been replaced or certain electrical works have been undertaken a certificate has to be issued confirming compliance with the relevant regulations. In the case of a replacement boiler, this is achieved through a self-certification process known as a notification. Registered engineers have a duty to comply with the Building Regulations by installing gas appliances and then notifying the appliance to the relevant local authority. If major electrical work is undertaken the electrician should provide an Electrical Installation Certificate confirming that the work meets BS 7671 and a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate that confirms the work meets the Building Regulations. These certificates will be required by a purchaser. If they cannot be found, an insurance policy can provide a cost-effective alternative.

In what circumstances is cover required?

Where there is no evidence of compliance with building regulations or there is a lack of the required certification in respect of the installation of a new or replacement boiler or electrical alterations.

Product features:

Risks covered: loss of market value, damages and expenses arising in complying with any enforcement notice/proceedings served by the appropriate authority.

Information needed:

  • Property address
  • Property value (or developed value in the event that development is to take place)
  • Use of the Property – both current and intended (if a change of use or development is intended)
  • Office Copy entries and filed plan
  • Details of the works carried out and their date of completion
  • Details of the missing permissions/documents


For further information about Lack of boiler/ electrical installation certificate indemnity insurance or to get a quote, call our team on 0345 557 0845  or 01293 880700 or email us at